Re: Insurance woes

You know something...fuck the insurance companies...don't let them throw their weight around.  And I
agree totally with Brad's approach...absolutely definitely.

Firstly, get the car in your possession and then fight with them to get the 'appropriate' value for the
vehicle.  Be firm and be strong.  I don't work for an insurance company but we constantly squabble with
them and I would love for them to one day take that position on a property damage claim with me.

Julie, submit your receipts for work done to your vehicle and check in your insurance policy as to what
the Insurers are obligated to pay...like, are they obligated to pay market value for the vehicle or
what?  I'm not sure what kind of rules/laws/whatever applies in your area but I can't see it being any
more different than in Canada.

In the end, look at what would hold water in a court room.  Evidence is the most important thing and if
you need to sue the insurers, then do so and get them to pay for your court costs.  Insurance companies
set reserves for claims and they try to settle as low as possible (incentive for reps to make more
money).  So stick your ground and get what is a fair value for your vehicle.

I wish that I could offer my expertise but unfortunately, I don't live down in yer area...sorry.

HTH

Sal Guzzo

- Fear is your only god.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Sterling" <bgsterling@bluebottle.com>