Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Possible issues with towing a scirocco in neutral?

--- Larry Fry <rocco16@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
If the shaft/needle bearings aren't spinning, why would they need
lubrication?

Since the largest gears in the gearbox are the ones that would be running in oil, and at least one of the two largest gears would be turning if the output shaft is turning, wouldn't oil be flung around inside the gearbox any time the wheels were turning? I'm not certain of this...that's why I'm posing it as a question.

The ring gear will turn, which will be turning the pinion shaft, which (assuming netural) will put
some drag on the mainshaft gears.  I recommend disengaging the clutch to provide another point of
freedom (not that I expect it to turn much...hmmm....could this stress the throwout bearing? Doubt it, engine's not turning, and mainshaft won't be forced to turn) - but to answer your question, yes, pleny of oil will be splashed around.
=====