Suspension

----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig Steiner" <steiner_ca@hotmail.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:19 PM
Subject: Suspension

> Being forced from Lurk mode by complaining car...
>
> What's the consensus on H&R coilovers?  Any other recomendations for
> upgrading the suspension?The car is a nearly completely stock daily driver
> but I'll sacrifice comfort for performance any day.  I have a sinking
> feeling I'll be asking for a lot of help in the weeks to come.  Right now
> I'm in Jacksonville, FL but will be stationed in Enid, Oklahoma by June
> after a five month stint in San Antonio, TX.  Right now I have serious
> doubts the car will survive the drive west.  Other problems starting to
> appear include increased oil consumption/loss (about a quart every two
> months), braking issues and hard to find speed related noises (could be
> related to the brakes).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig Steiner
> '88 Alpine White 16V

Hey Craig,
  I can't add anything truly pertinent to your post, except to say that when
you are in Enid, you will not be too far away from okcwetdub.com (out of
Oklahoma City).  You will find a forum at that address.  Feel free to sign
up and post with Q's & problems...

I myself like KONIs, but I am no help on springs...  Long story...

G/L,
  David