'86 8V Exhaust questions

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
Bill Collins
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2005 2:09 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: '86 8V Exhaust questions

I have an '86 8V Scirocco with a header but no other exhaust system parts.

So, I have a few questions:

1) Does this header http://www.bill-collins.net/scirocco/Header1.jpg
http://www.bill-collins.net/scirocco/Header2.jpg
look like it would bolt up the the stock exhaust system? (if I had one!) (Is
that the famous "Toilet Bowl" fitting?)

No, it's not the toilet bowl fitting, it's a header flex fitting, and you
need the female side. I believe it's a pacesetter header, and you might be
able to match it up at an exhaust shop, and get the bolts with springs like
Chuck said. Or you might be able to order a parts kit for it, check with JC
Whitney.

2) Any suggestions on where to get the rest of a street legal exhaust system
without paying a fortune?  (It won't have to pass a tailpipe emissions test
here in NC, but they might complain if the cat was missing)

Yes, from me...

I sell Techtonics exhaust @ 10%+ off TT's website, and they'll drop-ship it
directly to you.

3) Is there any sort of flex pipe in this system?

The header has a flex joint, you are missing half of it, and that header
does away with the stock flexpipe.

I'm guessing I need:
No, replaced by header -downpipe
No, it will clamp on to a short pipe, that fits the header flex joint, and
has the 3 bolt flange for the cat -clamps to attach header to down pipe
-cat converter
-cat back system (I figure I can buy this new from any of the usual vendors)

I have the exhaust system (except for the manifold) from an '80 Rabbit, and
a complete '86 Jetta parts car, if there are any useful parts on either of
those.

Neither one will fit...

Thanks

Bill

Here's what you need; 253.308, TT Exhaust cat back late 1984up Scirocco-8V,
$180 plus shipping.

HTH,
Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...