OT: Anyone know the whereabouts of Ben Carter?

On 1:23:30 pm 12/25/05 "Marc Getty" <marc@getty.net> wrote:
> Cathy wrote:
> >  Ben HARDER is in Ohio, so maybe Carter wasn't. And he now has a
> >  MkI, Don Walter has his previous 16V. Talk about a pair of spoiled
> >  cars... Cathy
>
> David responded:
> >  Thanks for the help Cathy, but that is not whom I am searching
> >  for.  This particular Ben was a bit more of a lurker...
>
> Regardless, I recommend that you still take it out on Harder. I just
> know he is lurking in his garage as we speak doing some ?ber-crazy
> work to one of his rides. He must be stopped.
>
> Fun fact of the day and Scirocco content: 10 Nm (87 in. lb.) is the
> proper torque for the axle nut on the rear according to Bentley.
>
> -Marc

THAT is a very good point. (And  knew it wasn't HARDER he was looking for,
no idea if Carter is also in Ohio, but it seems to be the centre of the
universe for all things Scirocco.) And I did see his MkI all tucked in for
the winter (well, I actually laid hands on it, and it didn't communicate
any dastardly plans to me).

And for additoinal instruction, the above torque spec should not be used
for the front, those should be torqued to RFT. Same on either scale. What
are YOU building there, Mr Getty?

Cathy