electrical gremlins, water leaks (mk 1), seat swaps

On 6:25:21 pm 12/24/05 Phil Boeye <rocco_phil@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >  G60 Corrado seats slid right in my car with only a
> >  bit of metal
> >  trimming and enlarging of the adjustment holes in
> >  the center rail.
> >  Cheap.. $120 for a pair of them in good shape.
> >  They need only some
> >  bolster work on the driver seat to make them like
> >  new.  The height is
> >  adjustable so no head banging issues.. which might
> >  be a problem with
> >  some other VW seats.
> >
> >  http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/interior.jpg
> >
> >  My reupholstered original seats actually LOOK a bit
> >  better, but after
> >  I installed these, no way will I go back.  Excellent
> >   support and
> >  comfort.  If I get around to re-doing the
> >  upholstery, I would add an
> >  inflatable lumbar support.
>

> Yeah, one of my roccos has grey Corrado seats.  I like
> them a good bit but like all VW seats, the lumbar
> support is sorely missing.  I am going to google
> 'lumbar support', because I just can't stand it anymore.

I have such a short back that lumbar support isn't a big issue, but I'll
agree that the leather Corrado seats are the bomb. Don't get me into
lusting on Christmas. Mmmmm, leather....But for a Mk I, the S seats have
good bolsters, and that's what I have, I plan to get them recovered. Also
be advised that the seatbelt anchors will probably need to be swapped over
on the seat. (no biggie though) Cathy