From: scirocco-l-bounces+patrick.bureau=gmail.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+patrick.bureau=gmail.com@scirocco.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Pieper
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 7:35 AM
To: silvius14@comcast.net; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Oil pump problem?

--- silvius14@comcast.net wrote:
> Stupid question?  How would I know if my oil pump wasn't working?  I

> have a 1982 with a 1.7l and while the driving yesterday the oil
light and alarm came on a number of times.

> I checked the oil level and it was/is fine.
>
> Karl

Before you go diving into sensors and the OP warning system, let's
cover first things first: what oil are you using?  Your symptoms are
common, at least on early-ish hydro head 8Vs.  My Cabby did it before
I moved to a slightly heavier oil.  If you are using 5W-xx, move up to
10W-30 or so.
Worth a look at and a lot easier than dragging out the schematics and
meter.

HTH

Ron