4k tranny?

On 9:10:39 pm 12/14/05 Blake Irvin <blake@clockserver.homeip.net> wrote:
> someone on the list has recommended a 4k tranny for me.
>
> what are the pros/cons, etc?  i want good, even shift feel, and
> decent gas mileage.
>
> blake/

4K is going to need flanges switched out (it's most likely got 90mms unless
it's already been swapped). It'll be close ratio, and have a good bit of
grunt off the line (due to the 3.94 final). I like it, for a non-boosted
car, it's a good choice. The only downside is it'll be revving pretty high
on the highway, but fifth can be swapped out if that's an issue. I have a
true 4K on the 8V, and a home brew 4K on the 16V (AGB with a bunch of
swapped stuff). I'd do that gearing again if I built another.
Cathy