A Day That will Live in Infamy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Bennett" <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com>
To: <silvius14@comcast.net>
Cc: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 4:51 AM
Subject: Re: A Day That will Live in Infamy

My Neighbor was in the Pacific during the war he tells me that even
though he was in the army, he had three, yes 3 boats shot out from
under him.  Sometimes I go over there and let him ramble for hours, I
love to hear it.  He's in his 80's or 90's now and doesn't get around
very well, but his memory is very sharp.  When I mow my yard I go
across and mow his too.  He always wants to pay me but I can't take
his money.  Sweet guy--My 4 year old adores him.  (My Grandpa passed
last year and she knows he's in heaven, but I don't think she realizes
what that means yet)

A little off-topic, but where I grew up, I had a neighbor that was on the
USS Indiana, the ship that delivered the bombs for Hiroshima.  I had no idea
until he passed.  He was an extremely sweet man, very giving, and funny.  He
was loved by so many folks.  I think the horrors of war makes much more
reflective, and compassionate survivors.  I have seen a few examples over
the years...

You are missed, Byron...

David