Replacing belts - One Hex Bolt

Trying to replace the bolts on my sons scirocco. There is one bolt on the
passenger side for the Air Conditioner that has an 8mm allen hex bolt. I
have an SK 3/8" socket that has the 8mm allen but it is a bit long and I
can't get the rachet on it because there is not enough room to get it on.
How has anyone else gotton this out? Today we are going to the hardware
store to find a shorter socket with an 8mm on it. Then I am replacing it
with a Hex Head Bolt which is the way the other one I have worked on was and
is much easier to get to.

--
Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708939)