Queen of the piddly ass tech procedures once again

> From: Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/08/27 Sat AM 11:19:05 EDT
> To: roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: Queen of the piddly ass tech procedures once again
>
> Someone was telling me that the NB's are very temperamental about the
> headlights. He has owned a couple of them and it was always one light that
> kept dying on him. It was the right headlight on one and the left headlight
> on the other. It was to the point that he usually replaced 3-4 on one side
> before having to do the other.

I think it is a combination of vibration (although the housings and brackets are steel, the fenders, core support and housings themselves are plastic.  I think there is some sympathetic vibration going on, what with a round car), and the H/L harness in the H/L itself is ONLY enough to take care of a stock bulb.  Any higher wattage and the wiring has trouble...

In other words, the NB headlights are only as good as the Old Bettles...  :-)

David