Queen of the piddly ass tech procedures once again

Not that anyone cares, but I finally got off my dead ass and got some
annoying shit done today. So I'll share. There is no Jetta 2 content in
this post. Well, one thing.

NB: Not that anyone cares, but it got a new headlight today. For me it's a
huge relief. A properly applied box wrench seems to be the secret, I MAY
actually be getting good at it.

Cabby: Tightened a few bolts, and it finally has a passenger side door
handle that works. Pillaged from the "new" GTI, and that was somewhat
delayed by a MkII Jetta, which is its neighbour and was full of
yellowjackets. The swelling's not too bad. ;(

16V: She got the lion's share, her "tub" was full. So I finally replaced
the bolt that Andy and Drew put into my strut bearing at Cincy, had
intended to do that for ages.
Next was a NEW starter bolt, she'd shed it some time back and it had been
replaced with a half stripped one I knew I'd regret leaving in. Also
intended to do that a while back. While I was under there, a check of motor
mount bolts, all fine. And adjustment of the shift linkage/test
driving/retightening everything. Attempted to put the "Waterfest 11" plate
surround on, it doesn't fit that car or my bug at all, not sure why they
wouldn't design them to fit VWs...Then a seat bushing so the DS seat
doesn't swim around, a few of those white clippies to hold down the sill
trim, and most piddly assed of all, one of those teensy weensy little white
nylon bushings to hold the wire that allows the split rear seat back to
flop down. Done, done and done. I'm still going to jack the ass end up and
double check the E Brake adjustment, since we race tomorrow and I don't
want a rerun of the Waterfest "dead in the waterbox" episode. And she needs
a bath.

Klaus: Not a lot, he has a new "faux-boost" guage, well, it's a vaccuum
guage. To replace the dead clock. And his stock horn has been reattached,
it came off for the oil filter flange gasket project a while back (and he
doesn't leak now), so it went back on, it's a back up horn anyway, in case
his loud one fizzles out for some reason. I'd also harvested some really
neat wire clip things from the Passat, that go over the water pipe. So
those went on. Anyway, it was a good day so far, I'd still like to get one
wire put on Klaus, and wash the two of them before bedtime, it could
happen... but it was good to get all that stuff done.

AND, no mention of biodiesel!

cathy