16V electrical gurus needed...

All,
  As I mentioned sometime back, I bought a 16V.  It is more than just not straight, but it is complete, and I would like to get it running.

The trouble is, I cannot get it to fire at all.  And when I do, it is *extremely* intermittent.  With the key in the on position, the fuel pump will switch on, eratically, and at least a few relays will also rapidly snap on and off.  At first, I thought it was the ignition switch.  Replaced it, no change.  Fuseblock?  Swapped that too, no change.  I even checked the main ground, the 'ground-flower' under the dash, and the grounds at the back at the back-end of the intake, no change...

Any leads?  Squirely ideas?  Suggestions (friendly ones preffered)?

Thanks,
  David