[ot] gas price vs. mileage

Don Walter wrote:
> Well you may call it bullshit but I switched from Citgo to Shell, same
> cost, same octane (premium) and IMEDIATELY gained over 5 mpg and better
> power.  You may call it bullshit but I call it perfomance.  Whenever
> possible I always use Shell.

That's what I wanted to know.  A quick glance shows the nearest Shell is
also one of the most expensive (today).  Another neraby one is among the
cheapest but it is still 10 miles away in a direction I rarely go.
That's $2 a trip.  There are 31 other Shells within about 50 miles and
the price varies by $0.15/gal.  Price changes daily!  DAILY!

I promise I will fill 'er up at Shell regardless of price next time I
get a chance but Foxx was saying:

 > sorry to create a debate. actually the point of my message was to
show > that the cheaper of the gas at the pump may not be the cheaper in
the > long run.

and I am saying that that has absolutely nothing to do with brand
because the price can be very different even at the same brand station a
few miles away.  Either you like a brand, you like a price, or if you're
like me, you just go wherever you are when you need to.

Does anyone else swear by a particular brand?  Anyone love Citgo?
That's the Venezuelan one and I heard they're commies who should be shot.