MkI dash question

On 3:22:02 pm 08/24/05 "Eric S" <scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com> wrote:

> Cathy,
>
> Everyone has answered your question already, I just wanted to give
> you a little info for if you go to put that dash in a non-a/c car.
>
> You will need to swap over the plastic ducting that is riveted to the
> underside of the dash, they are different (ducts for the defrost and
> side window vents) on the a/c vs non-a/c cars.  You won't be able to
> retain the center vent without silly amounts of work, so just pop an
> ashtray or guage pod or something in there ;-)
>
> --
> Eric
> www.vintagewatercooleds.com

Yeah, I'm not planning to reroute ductwork, I'm into Passat ductwork
removal at the moment and have no need for further adventure. I was just
curious, and will retain the ashtray setup. Got a smoke? And Julie, thanks
for the offer to take the dash off my hands, but I think brown suits my car
better, so I'll save you from that fashion nightmare. ;p

Cathy