Help please !! exhaust....

In a message dated 8/23/05 9:41:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:

> Help please !! exhaust....

If you can't find the shield your looking for, you may consider another
option.  I found this "clamp-on heat wrap" in the Jeg's Catalog.  Jegs PN#
893-11600.  (the last two digits change to 20 or 30 for 2 & 3 ft. lengths of it.)
I've replaced my shield going over the axle beam with this stuff and would
definitely suggest it if you can't find the part your looking for.  It works better
than stock stuff, and the tabs won't rust off.  (that's what happened to my
heat shield for the gas tank.  I've taken it out in the rain so far twice, and
it's held up fine.  The heat from the exhaust keeps it dry.  I keep checking
the clamps to make sure thier snug so I don't loose the thing, but they haven't
loosened or anything on me yet.

Good Luck,
Jim
'88 16v