Best method/detergent to remove sap?

On 4:31:46 pm 08/15/05 Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 15:26:02 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:
>
> > We're talking about a lot. I'd post a pic if I wasn't so
> embarassed.... :-/
> The old carpenter's (old carpenter here) method to get it off your
> skin is to use vegetable oil or Mayonnaise.
> Gordon
>
> 75 Mk1/Drake 1.9
> http://pws.prserv.net/gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm

And a trick I learned at a Japanese pruning seminar in Oregon, in this case
for getting sap off your pruners: Butter. Non-polar solvent for non-polar
crap I suppose, but it's a tasty solution. I often use vaseline for tire
residue from the slicks, it would probably work too.

A bit late I'm sure...

cathy