Best method/detergent to remove sap?

Are we talking like gobs of sap or just a spattering of it?  Clay bars
are designed to get embedded droplets of sap (or whatever else -
overspray paint and industrial grime, in particular) out.  Not sure
what would happen if you tried to claybar a giant pool of it -
adhesive cleaners like goo gone would probably be better for that -
but if the sap has been sitting there a while and hardened itself on,
clay is definitely your solution.

-Grant-