Opinions wanted: 98 A4 Avant

Description ? $8,399 (Or Best Offer), Black 5DR Wagon, 71000 Miles,
Manual Transmission, AWD, 6 Cylinders, Excellent Condition. sports
package, 6 cyl, 30 valves eng, 5 sp, AWD, heated front seats, pwr seats,
leather, AC, premium BOSE sound, keyless, sunroof, full power, alloys,
good tires, great shape, ...

My pizza driving pal is in the market to replace his ailing 92 Subaru
Loyale and wanted me to help look for Outbacks but there are none
under$8K (his soft limit) but he wants AWD.  The only trouble is he is
absolutely inept carwise to the point of running around with low oil,
no coolant, and bald tires (yes, today).  Should he be allowed near this
car?