I got BURNED for the 81S... :(

On 8/19/05, Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Technically speaking, yes that is illegal. It's a breach of contract. You can sue him for damages or the car. You would win for the car, but probably not damages (as there isn't any really). How bad do you want the car?

I was pretty pissed the night I found out he shafted me, but soon
realized that there's not a hell of a lot I could do about it.  I
bought it off of him privately, not on Ebay (the Ebay winner flaked on
him, and he sold it to me after), so there were no protections
"built-in" to the sale...  One of those "shit happens" things I'm
afraid.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or anything...

It was a shame to have lost that car, since it appeared to be a clean,
accident/rust free "S", but perhaps karma has already worked it's way
around to me!   I just found out about a super low mileage all
original Mk1 (like 10k) that's been in an old guy's garage in Toronto
for the last 20 years and he wants it to go to someone who would
appreciate it.  Drool... Hmmmm, wonder if I qualify?  :D

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S