Aluminum Oil Pans on later VWs?

I just looked at the aluminum pan, and I can't see how it would be a bolt-up...  The lump around where the oil pump is is not on the aluminum ones, so I am 90% positive this will not work.

And to echo what Kirsten said, they do indeed suffer from being broken all-too-often, and that is with cars that tend to be stock ride-heigth...

David