New addition(s) to the stable...

It's been FAR too long since I've bought myself a Mk1, so after a
stupidly busy summer I thought I'd take advantage of my month off and
picked up this clean example in Florida for a great price:

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/FL81S.jpg>

And lookie what's under da hood:

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/engine.jpg>

It has a few running "issues", so I'm not going to try and drive it 20
hours home.  This brings up a problem though - my tow vehicle (Audi
Coupe Quattro) is still without a working tranny (among other things),
so a new tow vehicle is needed...  Enter a <gasp!>...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Mk2 !   I can hear a chorus of boo's from you Mk1 fans, but rest
assured I will hate every moment driving it, and will beat on it
mercilessly for being the bastard-step-child that it is...  :D

It too has a full motronic ABA swap (admittedly nicer job than in the
Mk1), some nice performance parts, and a shitload of new parts...  I'm
tired of driving around in a cube van (my "daily driver" this
summer!), so I was looking for a car that I could put on the road
right away, and be able to reliably haul the 81 up from Florida in a
couple weeks....  It probably won't be a "keeper" for me, since, well,
uhmmmm, it's an ugly Mk2, but it fits the bill for now...  :)  More on
this one tomorrow...

Later,

Mark.
75