netiquette

This is a great list, and I really enjoy the flow of Scirocco information,
and the personalities involved.  But I have to comment on one thing that
would really make it a lot better for everybody, especially us "digesters"
and folks searching the archives for those gold nuggets of information that
help us to keep our Sciroccos on the road.  You guys are the world's worst
at spending any effort at all on making it an easy list to read.  When you
see stuff like:

..it's obvious that a whole bunch of people don't bother to delete the tens
(or hundreds) of lines of useless text quoted below a message.  What this
does is expand the filesize of the digest to the point that it mails out
with only 6 or 7 messages in it, every few hours, rather than once a day
with 50 so once a day.  This is something like rule number one on Usenet
lists.  Many one line messages carry around 75-100 lines of baggage that do
nothing but make the digest a real pain to read, as well as clog the archive
with duplicate hits that make searching the archive a truly painful affair.
And it fills even the "regular's" email boxes in a hurry.

Getting off topic is a whole 'nuther matter, but that's just the way this
list is, and I can accept that.  You guys are all buddies, like I am on the
two lists that I run, www.krnet.org ,  devoted to homebuilt airplanes,  and
one devoted to Corvair engines converted for aircraft use.  But we still try
to keep the extraneous stuff to a minimum, and the result is an easy-to-read
list that efficiently gets the information out there for everybody to find .
Please make some kind of effort to keep the baggage to a minimum.  It'll
make life easier for everybody involved.  A few seconds of cutting and
pasting can save hundreds of people several seconds of checking the message
for tidbits that aren't there.

Sorry for smelling up the place, but I feel like a little cooperation would
make it far more likely that more participants would be active in the list
if it weren't so painful...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
'74 2110cc Karmann Ghia (bought it new!)
'87 16V 2.0 Scirocco
'99 A4 Avant Quattro
'01 GTI w/APR chip
3100cc Corvair powered homebuilt airplane (
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford )