Best method/detergent to remove sap?

Is the paint in otherwise good condition?  As in, worth giving it a good detail?
Because then I would still recommend you give the whole car a good once over:
+Wash as usual with strong dish soap solution
+Target sap with adhesive remover (rinse with water when done) - it'll
probably leave rings and edges around sap, so...
+Clay bar
+(Use rubbing compound on any spots that are still messed up such as
oxidized water spots, small scratches, or any last remnants of sap, if
necessary)
+Wash again
+Polish and wax - if it's a car that has to sit outside much, I'd
recommend zaino (www.zainobros.com) for it's protective qualities.
Build up a couple good coats of that and you can get it through the
winter (assuming you live in a place that gets salt and such that
you'd need to protect it) and it'll help resist any further sap
attacks.

-Grant-