Anyone use an EGT gauge

I currently run an EGT Gauge on my Turbo Scirocco.  Like others said it is a good tuning tool.  However an EGT gauge is no better than a plan air/fuel gauge!  Yes an EGT gauge is better but in most application using an EGT gauge and an wideband 02 is what is needed simply because your exhaust temps could be reading high because of two reasons.

1.  The motor is running lean.
2.  The motor is running supper rich and is still burn when the exhaust valve is opening.

I am in the market for an wideband 02 sensor although my car has been street tuned with my friends.
-Brian
'85 Scirocco 8VT
vw_85roccoZ400@hotmail.com