16V no start

Perhaps check the wiring to various ignition related items. My 16V did this
the first trip out of the garage this spring, and a wire to the coil was
loose. (But you may have already done this). In your case, wiring to the
Hall sender might have been disrupted when you did the cap, peel the boot
on the plug back and look for damage there. And sorry to hear about the
crack too ;(

Cathy