Slegato acquisition - part 1 (long)

--- David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:

> Congrats on your ending your long-running search!  Hope
> it offers no painful suprises, and that it is all you
> thought it would be...  :-)

Oh it is.  We spent some time with it today going over it.
It is in desperate need of a number of things, like rear
wheel bearings, one decent sized rust hole in the exhaust
tunnel patched, some other rust holes patched (like the one
on the passenger door - there's no metal where the front of
the door handle attaches), very odd electrical gremlins
(turn on the headlights and the tach goes away, turn them
off and the coolant light flashes for a few seconds), and
of course let's not forget the coolant that looks like
latte.  The compression test came back with
175-168-162-168, but after flushing things out and
bypassing the oil cooler, over a quart of oil was
transferred to the coolant reservoir within 5 minutes of
running.

So yeah, there's a lot of work to be done.  :)

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato *still Canadian, but on it's way Stateside*
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs