nice mk1 on ebay for all you MD listers

Dan Smith wrote:
> I also finally decided to check it out after ignoring the rest of the
> posts. After seeing the 500th email reply about this car, I figured
> it was worth seeing. That thing is awesome! I love it! I think,
> unlike the patchwork mk3(?) that VW made (the name escapes me), that
> it's pretty classy looking. Here in town they have an annual Art Car
> Fest, it'd fit right in. I've been thinking my white rabbit looks
> just like a blank canvas....

The factory patchwork was the harlequin:
http://www.rossvw.com/harlequin/

I like art cars.  Once I painted chartreuse flames on a marroon diesel
Rabbit and 200 bees and some dandelions on a beige Omni with a VW
engine.  The kids at the cancer ward where the artsy owner worked really
liked the miniature golf hole in the hatch.  The diesel died a horrible
runaway death because the owner was an artfag.  We got him a rusty MkII
and he killed that by driving it without oil (instead of towing) on its
way to me to do a head gasket.  I mean it blew a rod after the work.

Those were the days.