car cover question

What you have to worry about more is moisture getting OUT of the
cover.  For that reason, I would definitely not spray it with tent
waterproofing stuff.  Whether it was made for that purpose is the
question.  You could always try it out and just check it out after it
rains to see how it did -- or you could go all scientific-like and
cover the car and spray it with a hose and observe for the next few
hours with a cold one in hand....

-Grant-