From: scirocco-l-bounces+dmaula=gordonrees.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+dmaula=gordonrees.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf
Of Dan Smith
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:08 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: tire question

It's time for me to mount some rubber on my fancy new rims but I need
some opinions on 2 different tires. I get lost in the sea of categories
and numbers and whatnot.

Driving Style: I don't race ever, just stick to roads but I do enjoy
doing the occasional canyon run and ripping through the twisties. Summer
season here is May to about end of Sept and I'll probably put about 15k
mi on them or so. Hardly ever any rain, so wet traction isn't a real big
issue. Not ever going to see snow. Noise isn't an issue, the main thing
I'm looking for is a good mix between grip and treadlife but I also need
a tire with strong sidewalls as I'm going with a 40 profile.

Here's the 2 I'm inbetween:
BF Goodrich G-Force Sport- Ultra High Performance Summer 205/40ZR16 340
treadwear These are new and so haven't had any ratings on tirerack but
they tested extremely well and all the reviews have been very favorable.
Nice tread pattern as well. $67 each

Yokohama AvidH4S- High Performance All Season 205/40HR16 500 treadwear I
don't need an all-season tire and because of this and their super high
treadlife I'm not sure what kind of grip they will have. The main reason
I'm considering them is because they scored mid 8s or better in all the
categories (8.8 for dry traction!) and have pretty favorable reviews.
Plus, these will probably dry rot before they go bald. $70 each

Thanks,
Dan

San Francisco * San Diego * Los Angeles * Sacramento * Orange County * Las Vegas * Portland * Houston * Phoenix

This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHICH ALSO MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the use of the intended recipients identified above. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by reply email, delete the communication and destroy all copies. GORDON & REES LLP http://www.gordonrees.com