Strut Bearing/Shaft Problem

Easiest way I've found to loosen the top nut is, with vehicle on it's
wheels, use an air tool to loosen the torque on the top bolt.  Spins it
loose without turning the shaft of the shock.  I even use the cheapy
electric impact gun from Harbor Freight on occasion.  Once loosened up,
jack up the car etc.

Chris