high fuel consumption / cold start / rough idle

  I do indeed hear the frequency valve buzzing continuously when it's warm,
at idle, and running rough.  Also, if I unhook the O2 sensor, it smooths
out.  What does this mean?  Could that O2 sensor have gone bad already???

  I've also added replacing all the vacuum lines to my list of things to do.
  Can't hurt -- those things are 22 yrs old!

                                          Thanks,
                                          - Mark