I want to set my Scirocco on fire!

Try to unplug the temp sensor and see if that makes a difference. It
could be the OXS also.

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+jlagnese=massed.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+jlagnese=massed.net@scirocco.org] On Behalf
Of matt
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 1:51 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: I want to set my Scirocco on fire!

I posted before that my 87 8v Auto has been having some issues. The car
will run for about 15-25 min then start to sputter and die. It will
start right back up but will die quickly. So far I have replaced the
transfer pump. main pump, fuel pump relay, coil and cleaned up the
grounds and added a thicker ground from the valve cover to the firewall.
I'm really not sure if this is a fuel issue or electrical.  The fuel
pumps were used so I guess it possible that the transfer pump is bad
which was what I first thought. Someone said it could be a distributor
problem I'm going to try to swap that this week. Any other thoughts
would be great.
Matt
1981 Mars Red
1984 Wolfsburg