Replacing mk1 hard fuel lines w/ future MS in mind?

Is this the same for a 1987 16v?

My hard fuel lines have been "patched" up to many times now and i
wanna replace them.

I am also thinking of buying a main pump from Scott but it doest come
with a check valve(that i see of anyway).
Is the check valve necessary to have?
Also what does the fuel accumulator do? Do I need it?

thanks!
Parker