Fw: Wet DD

----- Original Message -----
From: John S. Lagnese
To: sciroco-l@scirocco.org ; a2-16v-list@mail.a2-16v.com
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 1:22 AM
Subject: Wet DD

Hi,
You may remember in the fall I was having trouble with my DD, a 92 Jetta Carat 1.8 8V. When it gets wet, it dies. The car acts as though its running out of gas. I have already done a number of things:
  a.. New plugs
  b.. New wires
  c.. New cap
  d.. Changed both fuel pumps with known good ones
  e.. Swapped computer
  f.. airbox assembly
    None of this solved the problem. Its now warm enough to try the hose to troubleshoot. The entire engine got wet and no problem. After a few minutes it died. I had been hoping for a more immediate problem.
    I tried disconnecting the blue temp sensor and magically the car ran. If I disconnect the OXS it also runs.
    Anyone run into something like this?
Thanks,
John