TMI upholstery experience?

On 4/20/05 8:15 PM, "Gordon Forbess" <gforbess@attglobal.net> wrote:

> Has anyone used the TMI upholstery?  They have been in the business of
> Bug interiors for years and also have watercooled stuff.

I got the TMI kit for my Rabbit convertible.  I was disappointed.  It was
3(?) pieces, and took a lot of work to fit it in, I had to cut the shifter
and e-brake holes myself, and there are very obvious seams where the pieces
came together, like right behind the front seats.  In retrospect,
steam-cleaning the one-piece stock carpet I pulled may have been the better
choice.

YMMV.

| Jim Jarrett,McFarland, WI      '94 Passat GLX                 |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '86 Scirocco                   |
|                                '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |