Oil pressure sending unit (deluxe 2-output kind) -or- TheBuzzerof DeathT

One is up to 2K and the other is over 2K.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Neptuno" <neptunonc@yahoo.com>
To: <danws69@earthlink.net>; "roc" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:42 PM
Subject: RE: Oil pressure sending unit (deluxe 2-output kind) -or-
TheBuzzerof DeathT

> on your car you (may) have 3 things that are sending info to the oil
guages, You have a high pressure sensor on the head where you placed this
sender, then you have a low presure sending unit that one lives on top of
the oil cooler housing. Both of them give you readings that make your Buzzer
go off. If either fails there goes the ligth and the buzzer. There are time
however that neither is at fault and what it is then is the buzzer set up
itself that lives behind the cluster...Those go bad and no matter how many
senders you put in the thing keeps buzzing......Oh and it could be some
ground...

> The third thing that you have hooked up is a temp wire that should also
live in the oil cooler housing infront of the low temp one.

> danws69@earthlink.net wrote:
> No, you don't know what item I'm talking about. THIS IS NOT THE STOCK
> SENSOR. It is the one that has TWO OUTPUTS. One to the dash, one to an
> audi(vdo) oil pressure gauge from 0 to 5 bar.
>
> The actual PRESSURE READING is fine.
>
> THE DASH LIGHT SENSOR is hosed.
>
> They are NOT $7 at the dealer, trust me on this.
>

> As for the link being truncated: COPY AND PASTE or just use the item
> number????!!!??
>
> This is pretty much answering my question though, but I'm still going to
try
> and repair it.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Dan Snow
> Tampa, FL
> '87 16v Scirocco
> '87 16v Scirocco (about to be parted-out)
> '87 16v Scir-----(trailer)
> '82 DIESEL Scirocco
> '81 Rabbit Sportruck

Of