The double edge sword of VW undercoat - 75 resto update (pics)

> From: "Mark F." <mk1mark@gmail.com>
> Date: 2005/04/19 Tue PM 02:33:31 EDT

> Since I'm painting the inside and it won't be covered up with carpet,
> I'd like to smooth the metal as much as I can.  I'd prefer not to go
> to bare metal though - I'd much rather just scuff up the original
> paint and prime/paint over it...  Finding something that will remove
> the adhesive, but leave the paint intact is the problem I have at the
> moment...
>
> Later,
>
> Mark.
> 75
> 80 S
> 90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt

If that is the case, I would have to recommend 3M adhesive remover.  It works well, although some rubbing with a coarse towel (with the 3M on it) may be necessary...  I had very good luck with this stuff when removing the adhesive on my GTI...

HTH

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car