The double edge sword of VW undercoat - 75 resto update (pics)

> > What chemicals did you use?  I haven't figured out a good way to
> > remove all the rubber, carpet glue, and other adhesive crap in the interior
> > of the car (it's everywhere - even the roof)...  If I use an abrasive (even
> > a mild one) I end up going through the paint as well.  There's no rust
> > anywhere on the inside so I don't really want to go down to bare metal...

Personally, I would think that you're going to at least mess up the
paint no matter what, so why not strip it out as well and hit it with
better stuff.  What is going back in as far as carpeting/sound
deadening/etc?  A good undercoating or truck bedliner or something
would probably be a good idea, and you could just do that rattlecan
style for a couple bucks.
I used an air hammer with a chisel tip to get the sound deadening
stuff off the floor and then used a sandblaster to take off the
residue and paint.  It actually didn't even mess up the metal too bad
as long as I was careful with it.

-Grant-