Sunroof slide rail

> From: JoshuaA.Conner@VerizonWireless.com
> Date: 2005/04/19 Tue AM 09:46:41 EDT
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Sunroof slide rail
>
> So I have the a brand spankin NOS (in bag) slide rail thingy for the tilt
> and slide sunroof.  It is the piece that has the channels in it and bolt to
> the roof.  Problem is I have the wrong side.  I was wondering if any of you
> dealer peeps out there could exchange it for me?  It has never been out of
> the part bag.  I have the right side and I need the left.  Can anyone at
> least provide me the part # for the left side?  Thanks in advance!
>
> Joshua Conner
> '88 16V Scirocco "Negron"

I can't tell what part you have to be honest...  However, I can help you to figure out what part number you need.  With VERY few exceptions, the left side is always odd, the right side is even.  If you have the right, minus one on the last numerical digit, and you have the part number you need.  Occassionally there are some supercessions on one side and not on the other, but I seriously doubt that is the case on this part...

As for swapping, unfortunately I cannot help you.  I don't have any Scirocco parts on my shelves, and if I did they would unfortunately collecting dust...

HTH

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car