oil availability, mixing, and cleaning

> From: "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@wideopenwest.com>
> Date: 2005/04/18 Mon AM 12:39:14 EDT

>    lastly, the gf's vr6 passat has tapping lifters on start up. i would
> like to quiet it them down and have used 10w-30 to no avail. i know that
> there are commercial oil passage cleaners on the market (marvel mystery
> oil comes to mind), but i was wondering if they even work and/or will
> solve the tapping lifter problem.
>    any help or insight regarding any of the above topics would be
> appreciated. thanx.

Try Rislone, in a yellow bottle.  You substitute that for a quart of the oil that you would use at the change.  However, be aware that the stuff burns off as you use it, therefore your oil level goes down steadily over time, so you will need that quart you substituted...

Rislone has been around for almost 80 years, and it cleans up my lifters quite well...  I would used this over MMO...

G/L with it...

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car