Fwd: Calif. Senate to vote Tu 4-19 on speed cameras - $400 tickets in the mail

T wrote:

> Note, this is not ME, just an FYI for California Drivers:

We already have this nonsense here in AZ.  However the state legislature
just voted against allowing them on freeways.  The AHP wanted to use
them on Loop 101, which is a notoriously fast and agressively-driven
stretch of roadway.  So we'll only have them on city streets, and only
in a few cities (Tempe is one) that have them.

We also have red light cameras here in many cities, but curiously AZ is
a no-front-plate state.  In CA if you have no front plate and a red
light camera snaps your picture, it will never get prosecuted because
your mug and the plate are not both visible.  Somehow here they get
around it legally, apparently by catching a picture of the rear of the
car as well.  Seems like you could fight that in court.

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ