non scirocco question

Well since I work for Intuit (largest Tax software and CPA support team
in America) I can answer this question;

you can only have vehicle deductions if your self employed or can claim
employee expenses on your return (such as traveling folks (ie: carpet
salesman)  or if you own your own company (like I do) you can claim a
portion of it (usually based on the "Home Office" deductions rules,
then the percentage of your home business (based on square footage) can
permit you to claim vehicle expense based on this home business thus
limited to the percentage of the home office, and or based (greater of
either) of your mileage expenses as long as their are related to the
business question.

next question...

Intuit processed over 38 Millions electronic returns this year... go figure.