non scirocco question

On my last job I worked in VA and lived in MD.  Originally I lived in
VA and when I moved up here, I gave my new address to my employer.
>From that point on, MD was taking taxes instead of VA.

On the gas, if, some how, you can prove that the gas was needed for
your business then it could be written off as a business expense.  I
was able to do this for 3 years when I lived in Portland, OR.  Of
course, I was a cab driver at the time, so the gas truely was needed
to run my business.  MY business?  you ask...  Even though I worked
for one of the two biggest cab companies in the area (Broadway, for
you PDXers), we were still required to have a business license.
Basically, I paid them a set fee each week to use their cab and for
them to feed me orders (ppl who call for cabs).  So, even though I
worked for them, I was technically an independant businessman in the
field of ground transportation.  (Sounds snazzy, doesn't it?)

HTH!