New York Times Scirocco article

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:33:41 -0500, Spewey <spewey@comcast.net> wrote:

>Any insight as to why?  I mean you can pretty much type in "300M" or
>"Scion" or "sex with goats" and find a bunch of people who think that's
>the coolest thing in the world.  Slow news day...?

I asked him that.  Puner says his interest in the Scirocco/idea for
the story is a result of the Ebay sale of that yellow Mk1 for $5500.
The guy who bought it is just a bit possessed.. 100 Sciroccos owned,
lifetime?

I give him credit for doing the research on the car.  I talked to him
for 30 min or so one day and he was knowledgeable about the car and
the quirks of different models/years.

He said he had even done some back seat time in a Mark 1.  That's
shows real dedication to getting the whole story.