1.7l 8v --> 1.8 16v shopping list

I was wondering if someone could build me up a shopping list of what I
would need to get rid of my 1.7l paperweight and swap in a 16v... I
have a 16v engine sitting around, so I figure I may as well use it.
Also going to delete power steering & AC on the 16v...so I'd need
brackets for that I guess?

And what should I do with that paperweight once it's out of the car?

16V Fuel injection (& ignition).  Either Scirocco or Golf/Jetta or Passat
will work.  Use the appropriate intake manifold for whichever side you put
the fuel injection on.  Wiring harness to go with the injection is helpful.

Exhaust manifold.  The Scirocco 16V Exhaust manifolds and downpipes bolt
right up.  The A2 Manifold places the downpipe in a different spot.
Techtonics sells a downpipe and shift linkage that work with the A2
manifold.  The A2 downpipe will not work.

210mm flywheel and clutch.  You could swap over the smaller one from your
1.7, but why?

The regular bracket can be modified for AC delete, search on the net if you
can't figure out what parts to cut off.

Depending on the throttle body used, your throttle cable and end may need to
be different.

That should give you a pretty good start.

If the 1.7 still works and runs, put an ad in the paper for someone that
might need it.  Trade them for a case of beer.

gd