Radio wiring help for 16V Rocc

JoshuaA.Conner@VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> I am installing a radio into my car which has a hacked harness.  I have
> isolated the speaker wires.  I am left with a bundle of threee wires.  Red,
> Brown and Lt Blue/Drk Blue.  I know the red and brown, is the Lt Blue/Drk
> Blue  for illumination?  Also the wire attached to the antenna I assume is
> to power the amplifier right?  I have an old Pioneer deck.  Should I wire
> the ant to the remote turn-on?  Thanks!
>
> Joshua Conner
> '88 Scirocco 16V "Negron"
> ____________________________

1) the Earlier Bentley (8v up to 1984) shows no Blue/Lite Blue but does
show Grey with Blue stripe. This is listed as dash illumination type
wiring, supports the glow bulbs that come on when you turn on the
headlights.

2) Don't use remote turn on to supply the 'bee stinger' Ant's amp until
you get to specs: What is the amp looking for (volts and amps or likely
milliamps) & What can the Radio's Remote Turn On supply? You might smoke
something if these don't overlap.

3) You, sir, need a schematic but you also need a Volt/Ohm Meter. It'll
tell you what has 12v with the Ign key ON as well as OFF.

My pref is to run a separate 12v hot straight from the battery through
the  firewall w/ an inline fuse near the battery end. IN any case modern
radios need uninterrupted 12v to keep station presets, shaft type radios
don't care so do what you will. (Just how old is OLD in your case?)

Besides a good medium gauge hot* I also like a good radio case to
chassis ground. It helps with power output as well as radio reception.
This can be as short as say six inches or a foot (you need a _little_
space to get the radio out and back in place.)

TBerk
*My additional wires are smaller around than battery cables but larger
by far than any stock wire you will see in the car. Bigger, er Medium is
better.