1.8 to 2.0 16v turbo swap

Derrick, are you drunk typing this right now?  Seriously, some of your
statements seem a little, wierd.

Why is it time to upgrade the motor?  Seems to me like it would be better to
wait until a friend has an open garage space and a hoist you can borrow,
because that will make everything way easier.  I made a cross-engine-bay
fixture and then made a lift that sat in that fixture using a come-along
when I had to pull a motor and tranny back in Iowa in a barn in the middle
of nowhere.  Works great and I still use it sometime.  You might consider
something like this.

If the washers are the wrong size, how did you get them on there?  They
can't be unscrewed off the studs?  Otherwise, the previous suggestions will
likely be your only way out.

If you pull the head first, then take it to the machine shop, then return to
your swap project, they will likely have the head ready by the time you put
the shortblock in the engine bay bolted up to the tranny.

You are lowering the compression because of a turbo install, right?  I am
assuming based on your subject title.  Lots of opinions here, but dishing
stock pistons may be OK - I have never done it to 16V pistons so I don't
know how much "meat" is there.  Stacking gaskets has been done a bunch and
works OK, as long as the boost isn't too high and your fueling and ignition
are very good.  Best is forged pistons by far, but you probably knew that.
Stacking HG's or using spacers looses the squish/quench area which is
important for good, complete combustion and a more homogeneous mixture.
Like I said, people do it with stacked gaskets, but it isn't recommended.
Remember if you stack gaskets, your cam timing will be advanced, along with
your ignition timing.  Make sure your belt is still long enough, too.

Good luck,
Greg