1.8 to 2.0 16v turbo swap

Well its time to upgrade my motor.  I have a 1.8 16v in there now and
I'm going to upgrade to a 2.0 16v.  But like a lot of things I have
problems I have to fix while I'm swapping.
One problem is the head stud.  I messed up and put the wrong washer on
one of the ARP head studs while I was rebuilding it and now the washer
is seized to the stud.  so I have a figure out a way to back the whole
studs out so I can get teh head off.  I got a few good suggestions.
one person said put two nuts on the stud and back it out.  another
person said use a nut on the stud and weld the top of the nut to the
stud and just turn it out.  I have to find 2 new studs and nuts before
I do the swap either way.

Another problem is the cyclinder head.  I have to put new valve seals
and springs in the head before I put it back on the motor.  Why is
this a problem you say.  well its a problem for two reasons.  one I'm
doing the swap on the street and two I have to take it to a machine
shop for them to do it and its going to take a day or two.

Another problem is location.  well not really a problem but a annoying
place to work.  I'm doing it in front of my house.  so its going to be
swapped on the street so I have from tuesday to sunday to get
everything done and started.  its annoying to me because i'm used to a
lift not the ground.

Last problem is compression.  compression on a 2.0 16v motor is 10:5.1
OK.  I have to lower this.  I'm doing stock bottomend.  so it comes
down to sending the pistons to CA with a $100 check to get dished or
stacking headgaskets.  I have to figure out what I'm going to do.

Even with these small problems the 2.0 16v short block will be in the
car in a day or two.  just the head will don't be on for a day or two.
Now can this be don't by myself in that time most likely not.  need a
helper or two :-)  and some helpful ideas.  Last time I R&R a motor in
a sciroco 16v I had a lift and we unhooked everything and removed the
tranny then put a box under the car and removed the passengerside
motor mount bolt and just raised the car and the motor sat there.
well can't remember most of the details because we was drunk as hell
when we did it and we never put the motor back in the car.  Nature
stopped up from doing it by dropping a tree on the car.