Wire you here?

Can automotive wire be replace with house wire, the same wire that is used in running through conduit, to the houses main box?

just curious, cause we have TONS of it.

Tonee

"Mark F." <mk1mark@gmail.com> wrote:
On 4/12/05, Jim Ruffi wrote:

> Any interest? I don't even know if it's worth lugging the stuff all that
> way and back, but it will come on handy for someone who's doing some
> rewiring.
>
> It's automotive grade GPT primary wire, stranded, PVC jacket, SAE J1128-GPT,
> etc....

Please and thank you!!! :) I'm presently re-rewiring my 75. I was
just going to "neaten" it up a bit, but there's no turning back now -
I ripped every last wire out of the thing! The previous owner
completely rewired the car front to back (w/ a PainlessWiring fuse
block), but did a poor job of it... While I have enough wire on hand
to redo this car, I will not hesitate to rewire any of my future
project cars - so I am most definitely interested in buying some of
your left over supplies... I have endured YEARS of frustrating
phantom electrical gremlins because I was too intimidated to rewire
the cars, but there's really not much to it... Just the peace of mind
that I won't be smelling that distinctive burnt-rocco-wire on a weekly
basis is reason enough to do it!

Thanks in advance,

Mark.
75 - fully documented build-up in full swing...
80 S
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt